One. Nursery stock management
Some seedlings will be damaged during transportation. Before planting, the seedlings should be pruned. Depending on the degree of damage, the roots and branches should be half-cut or full-cut. After transplanting, the main branches can have sufficient nutrition supply, repair the cut of broken branches.
1, planting time: divided into Spring and autumn planting, spring specific time from mid-late March to April 20, autumn specific time from late July to early November appropriate, when the higher temperature can promote new roots.
2. Soil preparation: Peony planting should not be too wet, easy to cause root damage, bad root, so it is best to plant in high dry, well-drained, deep and loose soil in the neutral or slightly alkaline loam or Sandy Loam, in order to root deep and leafy, when it blooms, the flowers are big and bright.
3. PLANTING: Plant 30 cm deeper than the root of the original plant. At the bottom of the pit, put some decomposed organic fertilizer and chemical fertilizer into the soil and stir them thoroughly to ensure that the new roots can absorb the fertilizer in time. When planting, root system should be evenly distributed in the pit, natural stretch, can not be curled together, fill with live soil will be buried root system first, and then, the seedlings gently shake up. First, the root system should be fully integrated with the soil. Second, the planting depth (the planting depth should be lower than the original root neck about 3 centimeters above the ground) should be determined. First step the first time, then fill the soil and then step the solid soil When the plant is finished, should be timely watering a pervious, in order to discharge the air in the soil, to prevent the winter cold root injury.
1. Winter Management:
Tree Peony is usually planted in autumn, so the first year of winter protection is more important, the main technical points are:
(1) timely watering the overwintering water and reasonable fertilization to ensure the nutrition and water required for the roots in winter. The specific time is more suitable before the soil is frozen in autumn and winter, and the amount can be more, which is helpful for the protection of Peony in winter The fertilizer uses the whole fertilizer or the compound fertilizer which sells on the market can.
(2) cut off dead, old and useless twigs in winter.
(3) winter protection (Paeonia rockii strong cold resistance, according to climatic conditions can be omitted) , Paeonia rockii strong cold resistance, generally safe winter. In order to promote the growth of the next year in the extremely cold area, the branches can be bunched up well before the winter, and the plants can be buried in soil 1 / 3 ~ 1 / 2 in the middle of October, and the whole plant can be covered with soil twice in the first ten days of November, and finally more than 10 cm above the top branches.
2. Spring Management
The following spring when the temperature rises and stabilizes above zero, gradually withdraw the cold-proof material to make the branches and leaves stretch. At this point, the surface thawing, young branches grow quickly, such as dry ground, water supply out of joint, will cause new buds wither, old branches dead, to timely watering a pervious. After each watering, loosen the soil around the tree peony seedlings.
Peony is fond of fertilizer, fertilization is an important measure in cultivation management, to fertilize once in the spring, generally in late March to early April, when the buds grow vigorously, need a lot of nutrients to promote growth. As root damage can affect the absorption of water and fertilizer, 5% DODDO and 3% urea mixture can be used to spray fertilizer on the leaves every 7-10 days after the leaves were spread.
In spring, when the new buds appear on the ground, there is a choice of shaving, so as to avoid too many branches in the future, affecting the tree type and nutrients. When the new bud grows to 10 cm or so, a few of them can be selected to keep as the main branch (commonly known as fixed stock) , and the rest can be removed. In order to make peony flower big and beautiful, often combine pruning for thinning bud, wipe bud work, so that each branch to retain a bud, the remaining bud removed, and the old branch issued by all the adventitious buds removed, in order to concentrate nutrients, flowering huge. In addition, the first year to ensure the normal growth of tree peony plants and restore healthy, need to take off bud, usually a bud. If the tree peony is planted in spring, the first year should be removed all the buds, so that the full supply of nutrients to the tree growth.
3. Summer Management
Summer is the key period of nutrient accumulation and flower bud differentiation of Peony Growth and development, and is also the period of frequent damage of diseases, insects, weeds, drought and flood. Therefore, strengthening the scientific management of peony in summer is beneficial to the healthy growth and good development of peony. The main points are as follows:
(1) irrigation and drainage
In summer, the precipitation is large and relatively concentrated, so drainage is one of the important measures for the peony pipe, and some areas often appear drought, and timely irrigation. The concrete measure of drainage is to repair the field drainage ditch in time. Low-lying areas, the Peony Garden (Pu) around the flood cofferdam to prevent heavy rain when the inflow of external ground. Large planting areas should be equipped with drainage pumps for emergency use. It can also accelerate the water loss of plough layer by deep tillage or increasing the times of tillage. Poor drainage is one of the important reasons for peony “degeneration” in rainy areas.
(2) scientific fertilization
After anthesis, apply fertilizer once in time, mainly inorganic fertilizer. The method is to apply urea and diamine on the surface of the ground, each plant should be 0.05-0.1 kg (the quantity depends on the size of the seedling eye) , the pit should be around the upper part of the root system of the seedling, and then the appropriate amount of water.
(3) pest control
Summer high temperature and high humidity, diseases and pests more serious, mainly leaf diseases and food pests. In order to prevent and control diseases and insect pests, the principle of combining prevention with control should be adhered to, so as to ensure that the leaves have a long period of photosynthetic function and improve the physiological activity of root system. One of the concrete measures is to spray leaf protective agent, about two weeks after flowering, leaf spraying 0.5% of lime equivalent bordeaux liquid, to prevent the invasion of bacteria leaves. General effect can maintain about two weeks, continuous spray 2-3 times. The dosage is about 100-150 kilograms per mu. The other is to spray fungicide. From July to August, tobrazine, Carbendazim, chlorothalonil, Triadimefon and other fungicides spray 3-4 times, generally 7-10 days a spray. The third is to kill insects. Can Be combined with spraying fungicides, in the liquid pesticides such as pyrethroid insecticides, Omethoate, and so on, to prevent and control eating pests.
(4) weeding by ploughing
Summer is the peak season for weeds. Weeds not only compete with peony for water and fertilizer, but also make the field overfull, reduce the ability of ventilation and light transmission, cause disease and insect damage, weaken photosynthesis, and affect flower bud differentiation. Intertillage can not only weed, but also keep moisture. The general summer should be ploughed 5-6 times. In some places, the method of spreading hay between plant rows is used to restrain the growth of weeds and also to keep moisture and cool down the temperature.
(5) cut bud: After the Flower Abscission, cut off remnant flower in time, in order to be advantageous to the root growth and the restoration strong.
4. Fall Management
Autumn is an important period for root growth of tree peony. Timely watering, fertilizing and reasonable pruning can ensure the rapid recovery of the next year’s plant to meet the basic needs of plant growth and development throughout the year. Mainly in the late autumn plant before dormancy, apply a “root fertilizer” , a “frozen water” , more use after full maturity of compost, cake fertilizer or other compound fertilizer, fertilizer amount to be sufficient. In addition, autumn is the period when the diseases and insect pests begin to multiply. We should cut off the diseased and dead branches in time, clean up the weeds and dry branches in the park, so that there is no place for the disease and insect.